The Somonka is:
• a poem in 10 lines, made up of 2 tankas.
• syllabic, 5-7-5-7-7 5-7-5-7-7 syllables per line.
• composed in the form of statement-response,
• often written by 2 poets, one writing the statement the other the response but a single poet can write both parts.
• built around the theme of love.” (The information is from poetscollective.org, please click the somonka link to go to the site)
This is open to everyone- Please join in to write the response or the second part to complete the poem.